The room scheduler has two general levels of security or privileges.
Anonymous User - If someone opens the scheduler in their browser and does not log in,
then they are considered an anonymous user. An anonymous user can view the calendar
and room data, but by default they have no privileges to modify any of this data directly.
Member - Anyone who has a valid login. Members can be alloted various privileges
according to their need.
The member level of security then has varying levels of security or privileges depending upon
how they have been set up. Members can be assigned the following privileges by an administrator
or by adding values to the database appropriately.
- Add, modify or delete scheduler entries.
These privileges are dependent also upon room ownership and whether a user is a department administrator for the
department that owns the room. (see Departments and Roles)
- Add, modify or delete users.
- Modify a password.
- Add, modify or delete rooms.
- Add, modify or delete buildings/locations.
- Add, modify or delete filters.
- Add, modify or delete groups (not fully implemented).
The default setup for the initial installation of iCS assigns privileges according to the following group
- System Administrator - has all privileges
- Office Administrator - Add, edit or delete entry*, add, modify, delete rooms, buildings/locations and filters, and change own password
- General User - Add, edit entry* and change own password
* The ability to directly add, edit or delete entries is also dependent upon whether a login has also been assigned the role of
Department Administrator as well. This is explained more fully in the Departments and Roles help page.
The technical details are also available in the page on Background for Security, Groups and Departments,
which is helpful if you need to enter values directly in the database for things that do not yet have an interface.